Our West London based dental clinic provides an excellent range of services for the whole family, from children to the elderly. A strong emphasis is on preventative dentistry through education and helping children and families understand how tooth decay and gum disease develop and how to prevent it.
Early Decay/Gum Disease Detection
Regular and thorough examinations are essential to detect the first signs of tooth decay (caries) and gum disease (periodontal disease) before they can cause significant long lasting damage. This will allow the dentist and hygienist to detect early signs of disease, and therefore allow a more preventable approach to treatment, avoiding more complex and costly treatments in the future.
You can do five things to ensure you have healthy teeth and gums:
- Visit your dentist or hygienist regularly as advised, and follow their advice on how to look after your teeth and gums.
- Thoroughly brush your teeth twice daily using a clinically proven toothpaste such as Oral B.
- Use a small headed toothbrush to help remove plaque from difficult to reach areas.
- Use interdental cleaning aides to remove plaque from between your teeth.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash as recommended by your dentist or hygienist that has been clinically proven to help control plaque and prevent gum disease.
Mouth Cancer Screening
Oral cancer is also becoming increasingly common, and regular dental check-ups can help in its early diagnosis, thereby considerably increasing the chances of successful treatment. We enjoy taking part in the yearly Mouth cancer charity 10 km walk to help raise money and awareness.